Saturday, January 2, 2010

A sketch I have been working on...




My husband gave me my first sketch book for Christmas, so I have started sketching. Something I have never done before. When I started painting I went straight to the canvas - brush in hand. No time to plan or think. Just paint. Most of my time was spent keeping my son from flushing things down the toilet, or riding his trike down the cellar stairs or doing all the things Moms who have boys spend their days doing. Now my son is in Kindergarten and I have 6 hours a day to devote to my work. And I have found sketching. What a joy. Recently, I stumbled on these really great 1960 Vintage sewing patterns in several wonderful Etsy shops. I was totally smitten with the little girls on the cover of the pattern, with their little dresses with Peter Pan collars, white socks and mary janes. So I started to sketch. I am not quite sure what I am going to do with them or how I might incorporate them into my shop...But for now I just like drawing their happy little faces.

No comments:

Post a Comment